I'm a Registered Dietitian, a mom of two young boys, and I make kickass lunch boxes. I take all the guesswork out of navigating the food aisles so all you're left with is assembling the most perfect lunch box. Not only will your kids eat better and feel better, but you can too!
Monday, October 27, 2014
What To Avoid: Food Dyes
I'm going to break this all down for you in the most simple way I know how: avoid all food dyes for your kids. This study is one of thousands which simply concludes how dangerous food dyes are for our kids:
Any time you spot Red #40, Yellow #5 or any color and number combination, that’s a food dye. Put it back down on the shelf and walk away.
cereals, popsicles, ice cream and sherbets, gelatin, puddings, cakes, cookies, boxed dinners, beverage syrups, snacks and candy. You pretty much know it when you see it, although AFCs are also found in some surprising places, such as cheese & peanut butter crackers, marshmallows and many salad dressings and cheese sauces.
Labels:
What to Avoid
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment